4.15.2011

March 31, 1977

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Much of your pain is self-chosen. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility;...the cup hebrings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears."
Kahlil Gibran

Age: 19

The boardwalk squeaks loudly
this dismal evening,
recalling the sun
and laughter of the season.
But, I walk alone
like a scepter in the night
recalling the taste of beer -
a silver can of Lite.
A tear falls silently,
melting into the wood.
I can hear far off laughter...
How I wish I could.
And far out on the open sea,
a ship sails alone.
Oh, how I pray
That its travelling home.

Background: Who knows? ok - way too 'drama'. I thought of removing this from the list; but, it was part of my emotional stream at that time in life. Keep the barf bag close;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment