4.14.2011

June 28, 1977

A friend's (Julie Eaton) note to me.

Andrea,
Remember the hardest when you remember me
the details remember
the doors we closed
all the words i've left unspoken
(but I guess you know)
sometimes it felt like you and me
against everything
...and weren't we losing!
but those unspoken words
never needed speaking
we understand each other.

remember the hardest when you remember me
and don't throw out the ugly thoughts
(like hiding pieces to an eventual jigsaw puzzle)
because when I'm remembering you
hard
it'll all fit together someday.

Background: Julie was a dear college friend who was a tremendous writer. I started writing because of her enthusiasm and coaching. She passed away before her time. I still miss her beautiful words and how she wove them together like silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment